Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Group of 4 need new home
jennyha

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Group of 4 need new home - Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:16 PM
Hello everyone. i know this will be a long shot. i ended up in a very bad situation. first, i havent been on here in a long time i know. and i know how this usually works. but here goes my story i am originally from germany. i got married about 3.5 years ago. i had my ferrets back then. we moved to the states ( he is a soldier in the army) about 1.5 ago. now things have dramatically changed and we are going to get a divorce. i love my ferrets very very dearly. but i will not be able to provide for them any longer. this is why i figured i need to find them a good home. please any help i can get to get them in a good home is welcome. i just want whats best for them. they are my babies and i moved with them across the world. but i cant do it again. this time i dont even know where to go. here a description of my group: angel and honey, both 4 years old and sisters. they were born with a heart murmur and have been treated for it since i got them when the where only 14 weeks old. i had a doppler heart ultrasound done on them before they left germany last year. the results said that they appear healthy so the medication is working really good. they are on vetmedin and on furosemide. Hugo male about 4 years old, he was a rescue that i adopted after our wedding. he was abused and had a broken shoulder, u can still feel how it was shattered under his skin. he is the sweetest boy ever and gets along with everybody. he is super lazy and has an obsession with bottles. Fly, or grandma. she is 11 years old now. she came with hugo. i adopted her because when she bonded with hugo, she looked like she was about to die. i wanted to give her a few more nice weeks before she dies... she spent the first 7 years of her life in a rabbit cage with several other ferrets, got pregnant but her babies died in her belly and stayed in there until she got rescued and was to be spayed. the doctor had to remove part of her intestines in order to safe her. she does fine and u cant tell. she is the most adorable and craziest grandma ferret u will ever find. she will always be up for a game of hide and seek and is the most happy and go luckiest little thing u will ever see. as i am writing this my heart breaks. my ferrets have been there for me in very hard and rough times. but it wouldnt be fair to them... please help me. let me know if you all have questions. i will load up pics tomorrow...
Jenny and her devils Angel, Honey, Fly and Hugo
jennyha

Re:Group of 4 need new home - Sunday, July 06, 2014 8:27 AM
please anybody?
unclejoe
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:28 AM
Member in blocked list
jennyha

Re:Group of 4 need new home - Sunday, July 06, 2014 4:30 PM
yeah i am. that would be awesome... its getting pretty urgent. if there are any ferret rescues i could contact i am willing to drive a few hours if i have to.
ferretsrule7

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Sunday, July 06, 2014 7:41 PM
Where in Tn r u located at?  R the babies up to date on vet?
unclejoe
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:54 PM
Member in blocked list
jennyha

Re:Group of 4 need new home - Monday, July 07, 2014 7:13 AM
im in clarksville TN, they are due for their rabies shots. i had very very big issues with getting the vaccine for distemper here...
unclejoe
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Monday, July 07, 2014 7:49 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Monday, July 07, 2014 7:49 AM
Member in blocked list
ferretsrule7

Re:Group of 4 need new home - Wednesday, July 09, 2014 1:20 AM
Ty for ur reply.  Have u had any luck? I live about 4 hours from u. I will talk to u about them if no other help can be found. I am hoping that somehow u can keep them with u. They maybe get depressed without u and I worry for their health. 
jennyha

Re:Group of 4 need new home - Wednesday, July 09, 2014 7:05 AM
So far i had no luck. i talked to humane society they told me my local animal control could take them but when i talked to them they said they couldnt and advised me to bring them to pet stores. but that i could never do, my grandma ferret is 11 nobody would ever buy her. and angel and honey have a heart condition. thats just not an option. i contacted all of the ferret rescues in my state but most of them are shut down and the other ones never replied. at this time my ferrets are with my husband. i had to move out. so it is more urgent than ever. i feel very very bad for them because they dont deserve any of this. at this moment i have to trust that my soon-to-be exhusband gives them their medicine twice a day and takes care of them which is really really hard for me since i cannot trust him anymore at all.... i am willing to drive 4 hours if i know they are in good hands even tho it really breaks my heart to type it out.
whiskandbowl

• Total Posts : 179
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:20 AM
Try posting on Ferrets Dookin in the USA group on Facebook. They are rescue/rehoming group with members all over the US

Ferrets: Wesley, Percy, Owen    -rip Bandit-
Bettas- Kitty, Pip, and Logan
Sun Conure- Kita
Gerbils- Piper and Tailer
CMalak04

• Total Posts : 26
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:06 AM
I'm in East Tennessee, near Knoxville.... I will see who, what, or where could help over here.  This is so sad!  =(   If I had the space, time, and extra funds... I wouldn't mind caring for more furbabies.  But the 2 I already have keeps me busy and on my toes.  I will definitely see what I can do to help, tho!!
.-Connie-.   <(^o.o^)>
Mommy to Farrah & Boomer
ferretsrule7

Re:Group of 4 need new home - Friday, July 11, 2014 12:55 AM
So how much is the meds, what kind of food do they eat and do they get along with other ferrets.  I am thinking of leaving my number so we can talk. I want to help u as soon as possible.  Can u get vet records and can my vet call u or them if need be. I use pennyroyal here in Lexington. The earliest I could help would be Monday I am guessing.  Will know more tomorrow. 
unclejoe
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Friday, July 11, 2014 7:55 AM
Member in blocked list
ferretsrule7

Re:Group of 4 need new home - Friday, July 11, 2014 4:04 PM
I am glad. Pls let us know how it goes. I am so sorry that I could not help. I just got a rough cold right now and did not want to expose anyone. I hate that a shelter was the only option but at least they know how to handle things. Wish they were closer to the owner so she could see them. This is all so sad and heartbreaking.  Bless all for helping. Ty for loving the fuzzies.
CMalak04

• Total Posts : 26
Re:Group of 4 need new home - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:41 PM
That's great to hear!  It's always upsetting to hear about a situation like this.
unclejoe

These ferrets will be going to Silver Lining Ferret Sanctuary.  We worked someone on another forum and they found the fuzzies a place to go.  

.-Connie-.   <(^o.o^)>
Mommy to Farrah & Boomer

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages