Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ferret attaking faces and heads
cathy33

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
ferret attaking faces and heads - Monday, April 21, 2014 5:26 PM
Please help. Im a new ferret owner and have had my little girl for two weeks. She is 6 months old and called Bella. Every thing was going great till she went missing for 24hrs. She came home but attaked my chicken. Since being back (5 days now) she now attacks our faces and head whenever she gets to close. She normally stops just by saying no, but im getting increasingly worried about it. Tonight she leaped out my patners lap and latched onto his chin. She is fine with hands and naked arms. When I first had her she would wrap around my neck and play in my hair.  We all now have bit marks on our faces.Please can someone help as im very confused with this. 
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:ferret attaking faces and heads - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:42 AM
sometimes ferrets can be frightened by faces being put directly into their face.  Although we may think we are nuzzing and kissing them, they may see it as a a sign of aggression.  I can only imagine what it seems like to them to have this huge head descending on them....

You're going to have to nip train her and teach her not to bite faces.  But you will also have to restrain yourself from putting your face near her to nuzzle for awhile.
cathy33

Re:ferret attaking faces and heads - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:15 PM
Thank for your advice. But its not a case of putting my face near her. She spent the fist 8 days on my shoulders and in my hood. Since the fist time she bit my head very badly and my son had to remove her, she leaped at his face a bit him. She seams to do a bee line for my shoulders as soon as I pick her up. Last night she was out playing when she managed to climb my leg then jumper and instantly bit the back of my head, when my partner removed her he placed her on his lap and she leap at his face sinking her teeth in. Luckily she does let go when you say no. If I scuff her her it just sends her into a frenzy but she responds to a no. What im doing is saying no then putting her in her cage without her normal treat she gets when she goes away.  Cathy33
unclejoe
Re:ferret attaking faces and heads - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:33 PM
Member in blocked list
cathy33

Re:ferret attaking faces and heads - Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:20 PM
Thankyou thats something I hadent thought of. Will just have to persevere and hope it solves itself overtime 
Cathy33
cathy33

Re:ferret attaking faces and heads - Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:21 PM
Sorry yes I did check for signs of injury but she is fine
Justrunningthru

• Total Posts : 41
Re:ferret attaking faces and heads - Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:06 PM
cathy33

Please help. Im a new ferret owner and have had my little girl for two weeks. She is 6 months old and called Bella. Every thing was going great till she went missing for 24hrs. She came home but attaked my chicken. Since being back (5 days now) she now attacks our faces and head whenever she gets to close. She normally stops just by saying no, but im getting increasingly worried about it. Tonight she leaped out my patners lap and latched onto his chin. She is fine with hands and naked arms. When I first had her she would wrap around my neck and play in my hair.  We all now have bit marks on our faces.Please can someone help as im very confused with this. 

Has she gotten better?

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message