Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Valve Water Bottle
kesjames

• Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
Valve Water Bottle - Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:43 PM
I just ordered a cool new water bottle that I didn't realize was the valve kind. My ferrets currently use the ball bearing kind. I put it in their cage yesterday, and I have been showing them the new one and pushing the level to release water. One of them licks it, but doesn't push hard enough to release water. How do I teach them to use it? Should I put the new bottle near the old one in the cage?
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:Valve Water Bottle - Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:20 AM
How is the valve water bottle working?  I never had luck with the one I purchased as a "travel" water bottle since my kids never grasped the concept.

We use spill-less bowls or lock-on crocks for water in our cages.
kesjames

• Total Posts : 83
Re:Valve Water Bottle - Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:13 PM
It works well. You push the pin around instead of pushing inwards like a bb water bottle. They just have to push it a little harder than the one they have now. One of them seems to get it, but can't figure out that she needs to push the lever a bit harder or push in a slightly different direction. I think if I keep showing her she will eventually get it. I don't really want to use a bowl because one of them likes to dig in water bowls and snorkel a lot so i'm worried that she'll scoop it all out overnight or while I'm gone during the day (I can't really change it more than twice a day most days). 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread