Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Best treatment for male ferret with adrenal disease?
Faye0731

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Best treatment for male ferret with adrenal disease? - Sunday, March 04, 2018 4:02 PM
About a week ago I rescued a ferret, Neumann, with adrenal disease. He is supposedly 3-4 years, and he is a Marshall's ferret. He has adrenal disease so he has lost 90% of his hair (he has some left on his feet and head). He was pretty skinny when I took him in, but he eats like a pig now and already has gained half a pound (: I took him to an exotic vet Friday and they put him on 1 mg of Melatonin daily, but she also mentioned putting him on a Lupon injection as well as a ferritonin implant as other options (she said to start off with the melatonin and see how it goes). She estimated that he has about 1-2 years left to live. I was curious as to what the best course of treatment for him would be? I know a lot of male ferrets who with adrenal disease develop prostate issues as well, and I read that Lupon would help that. What would you suggest? I just want him to have the best quality of life possible. He is a sweetheart and deserves the best. Any advice? Thank you in advance!! 
Kelsey

• Total Posts : 6
Re:Best treatment for male ferret with adrenal disease? - Sunday, March 04, 2018 4:18 PM
My now 7 year old female was diagnosed with adrenal when she was 3. I opted to go with the Suprelorin F implant and have had fantastic results. She gets one every year like clockwork. The end of August her tail hair starts thinning, she gets the implant and a few weeks later she has the start of a very thick winter coat and is putting on winter weight. 

I wasn't a huge fan of the melatonin because I personally felt like that was just going to cover up her symptoms and to me the Suprelorin F actually treats the disease. She's lived happily for 4 years now (I'm hoping for many more but she is getting to be an old lady.) The implant for me is $150 plus general anesthesia and other vet's fees. It is a big needle for a little 1.8lb ferret. 
bandit99
Re:Best treatment for male ferret with adrenal disease? - Sunday, March 04, 2018 5:02 PM
Member in blocked list
Texasy

• Total Posts : 40
Re:Best treatment for male ferret with adrenal disease? - Saturday, December 12, 2020 6:46 AM
Within days her right breast had ballooned, turned bright red and was throbbing in pain but the clinic told her the side effects were 'normal'. After two weeks, while back home in Sweden, the scar underneath her right breast had began to open up and the implant – covered in brown liquid – was poking out of https://buygefitinib.org/

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread