Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Blockage?! Lymphoma?! Please help!
Alexismersino

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Blockage?! Lymphoma?! Please help! - Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:54 PM
Hi all, I am new here and am a new ferret momma as well. I have only had my two ferrets for about two months. A few weeks ago Ivy began showing lethargy. She would still run around and play but then she would lay on the floor randomly like she was resting. She had never showed this behavior and I wasn’t sure if she was just bored. She also had some loose and VERY smelly stools (before they had no odor whatsoever) but this cleared up after a few days and went back to normal. The lethargy has not gotten better but her appetite and poops seemed normal. I took her to the vet a few days ago just to make sure she is alright. He told me that he definitely thought something was not right with her (she showed her lethargy a lot while in the exam room and was pretty much limp in his arms). He tested her for a UTI because I thought I had seen discharge on her a few days prior but it was normal. He ran a blood panel and ruled out insulinoma as her BG was 98 but it showed that her liver enzyme levels are slightly raised (max for normal is 28 and hers was 34). He told me that he is thinking lymphoma which broke my heart....The next step is an x-ray but I was not able to get her in until and entire week later. However, today she has been struggling to poop and after straining she gets a bunch of tiny pea sized pieces out that are scattered all over. I called the vet to try and get her in sooner because I’m thinking she may have a blackage and am waiting to hear back with special permission from the doctor. I was just wondering what you guys think? I’m praying she has a blockage instead of lymphoma but im also freaked out she is going to be too far gone before we even figure it out. Could the enzymes be a freak thing or related to the blockage? Or does that pretty much set in stone that something worse is wrong?

She is only a year and a half by the way. Any input is SO appreciated.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread