Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My new ferrets
Dhaz

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
My new ferrets - Sunday, October 01, 2017 4:51 PM
Hello everyone 
I recently purchased two sweet kits from Petco. They are about 8weeks and full of crazy kit behavior. I  originally only wanted to start out with one but when I saw the other could not leave her behind.  I am not having much fun trying to litter box and nip train both of them at the same time though. My little girl Daenerys is very sweet and very sheldom nippy unless she is engaged in some hard play activities. My boy Sheldon on the other hand is just the opposite. He is very nippy and jumpy and I am almost certain is deaf. He plays very hard with Dani and doesn't seem to respond to her telling him so. Scruffing him seems to make him more agitated as I've heard happens with deaf ferrets. He also has intense concentration on my face when I am holding him as if he is searching for what I am trying to say.  I will be trying timeouts with him instead of constant scruffing.  He also seems to enjoy sleeping in the litter box which is something I am trying to break him of. Does anyone have any experience dealing with a deaf ferret. People have told me I should return him but I have already fallen in love with this little crazy fool.  He is also very intelligent like his name sake and I can tell he is testing me 

unclejoe
Re:My new ferrets - Tuesday, October 03, 2017 8:50 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages