Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hello From Alaska
FerretCottage

• Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
Hello From Alaska - Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:18 AM
Hello fellow ferret lovers! My name is Dawn (and if you couldn't tell by the title I'm from Alaska). I'm an avid ferret lover. Two years ago I adopted three ferrets; Shiva, Mangey, and Apollyon. They came from a rescue here in Alaska and were all old ferrets who needed a loving home to rest in until they could pass. Shiva passed away pretty abruptly about three months in, due to, what I'm assuming was a combination of old age and the shock of being in a shelter and then being placed in my new home. Shiva was the tiniest of the three ferrets and very independent. She was always off doing her own thing and let it be known that she didn't listen to anyone. She always managed to crawl into the craziest spots around my home. Silly girl. Mangey and Apollyon were a bonded pair. Mangey passed away after a battle with adrenal disease. She was such a sweet old girl. She didn't do much, as she was quite old and fat- but she enjoyed being my lap ferret. Apollyon was my big boy. He was a HUGE albino ferret with a big personality. He loved playing with my cats and just being an energetic little ferret. For an old man, he was quite active. He went on a few trips with me and was a great harness-walker. He lived the longest and we definitely developed a very close relationship. Unfortunately near the end of his life I moved to a new home and I think the stress of the new location caused him to really take a turn with his health. I was absolutely devastated when I lost him (as I was the other two), and since his loss I haven't gotten another ferret. I'd love to add more ferrets into my family someday in the future, but I'm just not ready at the moment. I got on here to share in the adventures of other ferret-loving families and experience the joy and annoyances and love that come with these little creatures. I look forward to meeting all of you- and your furry kids!
Mommy of 5 rotten little ferret children:
Timber, Autumn, Summer, Nana, Forest
Writer of the Ferret Cottage Blog.
unclejoe
Re:Hello From Alaska - Saturday, January 23, 2016 1:50 PM
Member in blocked list
FerretCottage

Re:Hello From Alaska - Sunday, January 24, 2016 7:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome, unclejoe. Here's a picture of Apollyon! I guess I can only post one attachment per message? (or my satellite internet is just being funky). But I'll attach more in the next message.
Attached Image(s)
FerretCottage

Re:Hello From Alaska - Sunday, January 24, 2016 7:18 PM
And here's one of Mangey! According to the rescue she was very very old- but the sweetest little girl in the world.
Attached Image(s)
FerretCottage

Re:Hello From Alaska - Sunday, January 24, 2016 7:21 PM
Ha, telling from my signature it's obvious I signed up before I adopted these three- and was reminiscing on the ferret kids I had throughout my childhood tween/teen years. I also had five ferrets back then (named the ones in my signature). I will try to find some pictures of those cuties too!
unclejoe
Re:Hello From Alaska - Sunday, January 24, 2016 7:38 PM
Member in blocked list
FerretCottage

Re:Hello From Alaska - Monday, January 25, 2016 1:06 AM
My friend actually suggested I name her Mangey, because she was bald when I originally got her out of the shelter, from adrenal disease. Of course, after surgery her hair did grow back- very thickly, actually (as seen in the picture above). At first I was appalled by the name- but I did some research on it and Mange was a lesser known Greek god of strength. Then I decided I liked the name Mangey. It was a name that was derived from her appearance- but actually perfectly described her uncanning ability to give life 110%. She was certainly a strong little girl, and I think she wore the name well.
unclejoe
Re:Hello From Alaska - Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:50 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages