Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 In desperate need litter training help
fallamberflyy

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
In desperate need litter training help - Tuesday, September 15, 2015 10:03 PM
I have a ferret who is probably a little over a year old who is refusing to litter train. I don't mean she's slow or not learning, I mean absolute defiance. I've tried everything. Different litter, placing boxes in her favorite spots and most recently puppy pads. She moves the boxes, finds somewhere else to go, or tears the puppy pads up. Even in her cage, she goes on the top level to avoid the litter box. When I put a puppy pad in the cage last night, she went in her BEDDING to avoid it. I've been using the training method of taking her to the box and giving her the chance to go. If she goes, I treat her and let her free. If she doesn't, cage. Next time she's awake again, we go again. Even when she does go, she jumps out at least 10 times before she'll go. I'm at my wits end with her because I'm wanting to move out of my house in the next few months and there's nowhere I can move if I'm gonna have a ferret ruining the floors. I can't just get rid of her either bc I have another ferret who loves her and I know how ferrets get attached, I can't just punish her for this ferrets defiance. I need help.
wenmister
Re:In desperate need litter training help - Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:39 AM
Member in blocked list
GitaBooks

• Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
Re:In desperate need litter training help - Friday, September 18, 2015 6:11 PM
My ferrets weren't pros either, though I can't say they meant to be bad. Min used paper towels because they were cheap and took up more space so the ferrets had more trouble missing. A third of my cage had paper towels for them to use, and they did. They tended to avoid their towel, which is what they slept in, as well as their food and water areas. That is good advice above. Don't give up, keep trying new things. Ferrets are stubborn, more so then a mule, but you just have to be more stubborn. Best of luck!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread