Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Screaming Toe Bitting Ferret!!! Help!
jwander

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Screaming Toe Bitting Ferret!!! Help! - Wednesday, September 09, 2015 4:07 AM
I just purchased a 10 week old (now she is 12 weeks) female ferret (spayed and descented) and I think she is deaf. I believe she is a mutt with has blaze and panda markings. My queation is has 
anyone had a problem with your ferret screaming like crazy when you touch them while they are biting your toes? When I finally get her to release by taking off my sock holding her and the sock, no pulling, she comes back with a vengeance! If I try to scruff while she is still holding the sock she goes into a screaming frenzy! After this happens, she will circle me while I'm sitting on the floor with her and hiss at my hands if I block her from getting to my feet until she goes back into her cage for a nap. This only started this week. I can discipline her by scruffing if she bites my hand too hard with no problem but she freaks if she is attacking toes or socks. This is defiantly not an invitation to play. This doesn't happen every time she is out. She gets at least 4 hours a day to run around and play by herself and with me. When she is done running around, she will go to her cage to eat and drink then climb onto her hammock. She rolls around to itch her skin so I will scratch all over her body and she in return will nibble at my arm and lick me. So I do know she doesn't hate me. ☺️ Any suggestions?
cookiebun

• Total Posts : 5
Re:Screaming Toe Bitting Ferret!!! Help! - Saturday, September 19, 2015 2:19 AM
I'm very sorry to see that no one has offered you any help. I sure wish I could. Good luck to you with your poor crazy girl.
wenmister
Re:Screaming Toe Bitting Ferret!!! Help! - Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:27 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Screaming Toe Bitting Ferret!!! Help! - Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:38 PM
Member in blocked list
GitaBooks

• Total Posts : 23
Re:Screaming Toe Bitting Ferret!!! Help! - Monday, September 21, 2015 11:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Our ferret, Navasca, was similar to that in some ways. When a ferret wants to play its very different then when they are trying to dominate you. I found my ferrets bit harder and usually tried to drag your hand around when trying to dominate you. We would grab their scruff and hold them until they submitted. Ferrets are VERY stubborn, it can be hard to train them out of things. She sounds like she is being given wonderful care. Keep up the good work and I hope she comes around soon. Best of luck! :)

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread