Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 kibble help
ilovely

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
kibble help - Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:50 AM
don't get me wrong I know that they should be on a raw diet. but that is not something I can bring myself to do. maybe later down the line but not right now. so my question is I have been looking and looking for foods ( I would like them to be on at least three, four would be better) and I have heard so many mixed things about almost every food out there. Right now they are on zupreem. I have been looking into wysong, but have heard very bad things about it since they changed what was in it. but have heard okay things about the digestive support. the others I have been looking at are high grade cat foods, that all seem to be putting fruits and veggies in the food. I was also looking at EVO but that as well has fruits and veggies in it. Are there kibbles I am over looking or just have not come across yet? and someone please tell me why companies that make things and food for ferrets put things in there that they should not be having?
bandit99
Re:kibble help - Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:44 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:kibble help - Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:02 PM
Member in blocked list
JessLough

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
Re:kibble help - Sunday, June 28, 2015 9:22 AM
Basically, any branded ferret food is... not good.  EVO is now owned by Mars.  They know nothing about pet food, yet bought a bunch to make more money.  You have to question the quality of ingredients.

Any kibble is going to have some form of fruits or vegetables in it, if there are no grains.  You just... don't get kibble by just putting a bunch of meat together.

I feed high quality cat kibbles. Orijen, Acana, Fromm, and Now/Go.  I used to say anything grain-free, but now a lot of the foods are just... not good.  I stay as far away from Taste of the Wild as possible, for example.  They (Diamond products) had a major problem a few years back where many animals were dying because of their food, and I did not like how they handled the recall - a lot of lying and hiding facts so people were still buying their food.  My ferret almost died from that problem, and they didn't care.  Blue Buffalo is low quality for the price you pay.  I used to feed Nature's Variety, but again the company has a history of problems so I stay away now.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread