Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Chicken baby food
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
Chicken baby food - Wednesday, April 22, 2015 3:38 PM
so pretty much every grocery store in my area has either stopped selling or doesn't restock their chicken baby food, or maybe people are buying them all up for their human children. How convenient. Sooo I've taken the liberty to make my own chicken baby food, here's how I did it. I slow cooked an unaltered free range chicken in water until it was soft enough to tear apart with my hands, I then returned the carcass along with the skin and all the funky bits back into the slow cooker and let it all cook for another 10hrs to make a delicious bone broth. After separating a generous portion of broth for myself, I took the meat I scraped off earlier and blended it with the broth. I don't think I blended it enough the first time because Flaca my oldest ferret drank up all the liquid but left all the bits at the end ( which Otis generously ate when I wasn't looking). So the second time around, I blended it a few seconds more, and that seemed to get rid of most of the fluff at the bottom. It isn't nice and pasty like the Heinz stuff, but I think I'm getting way more bang for my buck nutrition wise. Next time im going to blend up some delicious organ meats into the mix. 
wenmister
Re:Chicken baby food - Wednesday, April 22, 2015 3:57 PM
Member in blocked list
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Chicken baby food - Wednesday, April 22, 2015 7:39 PM
Yeah I noticed that it's still not as smooth as I would like it to be, I will definitely try adding more broth to the mixture, just so I make sure she gets all of it down. Thanks for the tips! Also I am using a small food processor, it's pretty small, would the blender work better ?, I do also have a bigger food processor, that is probably way more powerful. I was just doing some test batches in the little one before I graduated to the giant one
<message edited by crisp20 on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 7:41 PM>
bandit99
Re:Chicken baby food - Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:38 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Chicken baby food - Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:53 AM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Chicken baby food - Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:53 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users