Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Attempting to introduce ferrets
Melie

• Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points : 0
Attempting to introduce ferrets - Monday, February 02, 2015 9:50 PM
As I stated previously, we have a new member named Jazmine, her vet check came out clear. We just needed to get some flea stuff for both Munchkin and Jazmine because unfortunately she came from a house of animals. 

We introduced the two of them before and Jazmine scruffed Munchkin, but then it just became Munchkin crouching down, and acting sloth-like but for the most part just seemed to want to get away. Eventually Jazmine would lose interest.

Tonight however, for the 4th introduction I had them together and Jazmine was licking Munchkin and climbing on him, and almost within a second I noticed Munchkin get up and go after her. Jazmine started making loud noises, and they both jumped at each other, but I saw Munchkin have the upper hand as Jazmine was backing up cornering herself. I had to intervene and pulled them apart. I noticed poop after I picked Munchkin up.

I believe it was Jazmines because of where it was on Munchkin (it goes EVERYWHERE). I cleaned him up, and went to clean Jazmine up (and the rest of the area) and I noticed she had a small red mark (almost like teeth marks) on her back, I applied some polysporine just in case. I think Munchkin got her.

I know it takes time to introduce, and I know the saying of "no blood, no poop, no foul" but as it turns out, the introduction was going to take longer than I presumed.

Any extra tips, experiences that you guys had have before? Anyone else experienced it?
Melie

Re:Attempting to introduce ferrets - Monday, February 16, 2015 12:19 PM

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/19299_10153536891828362_3974771182496419520_n.jpg?oh=4f5a6becf4f5dd46744d8906a95f0157&oe=554D1EFA

I guess by this picture it shows that Munchkin and Jazmine are starting to get along more now.

<message edited by Melie on Monday, February 16, 2015 12:20 PM>
unclejoe
Re:Attempting to introduce ferrets - Monday, February 16, 2015 1:34 PM
Member in blocked list
Melie

Re:Attempting to introduce ferrets - Sunday, March 22, 2015 1:11 AM
She picks on him, licks his ears and his head and sometimes his butt like crazy...

He doesn't like it and has been chirping at her and if she does not stop with some warnings of his he does strike out, being as slow as he is she can get the upper hand. But I noticed when he is on the floor and not sleeping, she will squeak in return because he becomes relentless.

I have had a poop incident with her last week, but when I allowed them a chance a couple days later, she was back with him sleeping in the same blanket on the couch.

I have been keeping them in separate cages though (same critter nation cage, but do not allow access to each other when in the cage)

Why does she bully him when he just tries to sleep, eat or wander?

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread