Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Walnut litter
Ellusionz

• Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
Walnut litter - Tuesday, January 06, 2015 10:29 PM
I swapped over to trying out that new Blue Walnut litter for my cats and was wondering if anyone here has experience using it for their ferrets? Since I plan on having the ferret cage near the living room I want to reduce the smell as much as possible and have found, at least with my cats, that newpaper pellet stuff is crap. And it'll just be easier to use the same litter for both my animals. I may revert back to Exquisicats corn or pine if those are better?
Meechysmum92

• Total Posts : 107
Re:Walnut litter - Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:39 AM
I would be careful with anything that your new baby could eat....it could get impacted! Also, someone correct me if im wrong but I always confuse the woods...but isnt that one of the ones that can cause respiratory problems?
unclejoe
Re:Walnut litter - Wednesday, January 07, 2015 8:28 AM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Walnut litter - Wednesday, January 07, 2015 8:45 AM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Walnut litter - Wednesday, January 07, 2015 8:48 AM
Member in blocked list
Jfranks85

• Total Posts : 117
Re:Walnut litter - Saturday, January 10, 2015 6:44 AM
Change bedding at least once a week, I wash mine in a homemade mild hyperallergenic detergent that my mom makes for me to use because my skin is so sensitive. It works great for the boys bedding as well. If the bedding gets to icky, I'll actually trash it. I use of a lot of old shirts, and pillow cases (in fact 2 of their hammocks are pillow cases right now LOL) Scoop litter boxes every day, if not twice a day. Make sure they're eating a good food like Wenmister suggested. I do bath my guys, but only twice a year, unless other wise needed. Unfortunately they got an extra one recently because somehow my can ended up with fleas, so I had to treat them as well. To be honest, and I have a feeling this is going to cause a controversary, But I use a regular cat litter. I use one that is 99% dust free, and I've used it for the 10years I've had ferrets, and have never had problems. No I don't use a clumping one, that's a BIG No No. But it works, little dust, I can use it for them and the cat, and it's cheap.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread