Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Homemade ferret food mix?
annie loves ferrets!

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Homemade ferret food mix? - Friday, December 26, 2014 12:40 AM
Hey fellow ferret keepers!
 I'm new here and have been keeping ferrets for quite a long time now but I was wondering if there are foods (other than raw meat) that you can mix together to make a special ferret food mix. If any of you own rats then you may know what I mean by like mixing fruits and stuff together to make anothere food mix. (I know ferrets really shouldn't eat much or any fruits and vegetables.) 
                                                                                                 -THANKS!
3 little ferrets!
Abbey, Ted, and Lucy!
"Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness clearly hasn't paid an adoption fee"

Jfranks85

• Total Posts : 117
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Homemade ferret food mix? - Sunday, December 28, 2014 6:11 AM
Ferrets should NEVER eat fruits and veggies. They down have the digestive tract to break it down right and it could make them very very sick. Raw meats, eggs, oils (such as salmon oil, olive oil, and a little bit of ferreton) they enjoy. If you feed egg make is a raw one. There is controversy about whether you should feed just the yolk or white, but I know quite a few veteran ferrents who feed the whole egg. Honestly, the only way my boys will even touch an egg is if I add a lil olive oil and blend it really well in a food processor. As well as soupies. Soupies are very good for ferrets and they need to be introduced to them and fed as a treat. That way if you ever have a sick ferret who can't eat kibble then you won't have any problems getting them to eat soupies. Very high quality cat and ferret treats work. Don't do the yogis the stores sell, and there's other bad ones out there. Always check the ingredients.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread