Mazuri ferret food - Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:49 PM
Does this look good?
Thanks, Ian
http://www.mazuri.com/mazuriferretdiet.aspx

TomHeretic

• Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Mazuri ferret food - Monday, December 15, 2014 11:04 AM
No, not in my opinion. I wouldn't feed it to my kibble eater. I don't like generic ingredients like "porcine animal fat", "spray dried animal blood cells", "fish oil", "fish meal" and so on. Those can come from very questionable sources. I don't like the top 5 ingredients, not enough high-quality meat. There seems to be a ton of soy in this food, and a ton of ingredients in general. I also HATE the cylinder shaped kibbles! We had a serious choking scare with those when we used to feed Marshall's. I feel much safer with small, round kibbles.
unclejoe
Re:Mazuri ferret food - Monday, December 15, 2014 1:16 PM
Member in blocked list
ianctaylor

• Total Posts : 36
Re:Mazuri ferret food - Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:23 PM
Is there any food better than marshalls and not more expensive. I get marshall's for like $2.50 a pound 
Thanks, Ian
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:Mazuri ferret food - Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:58 AM
Marshalls is cheaper because it doesn't have as many good ingredients as the higher end foods.  What you will discover is that if you feed a higher end food, they eat less.  

An analogy would be hotdogs vs steak.  How many times have you eaten a hotdog and been like "wow, I'm still hungry" and so you eat another one, or two, or three.  And then still find yourself hungry 2 or 3 hours later.  However, if you eat a 4 or 6 oz steak, it fills you up and lasts longer.  It's also healthier.

So, what I'm trying to say is, don't go by price.  Although the other food is more expensive, you will discover they eat less of it.  That has two interesting results.  One is that they absorb more of the quality food and pass less of it.  The second is that since they are eating less as well as absorbing more, you will discover they poop alot less which saves on litter.  So although the price on the bag might appear to be more expensive, in the long money you might actually save money.
unclejoe
Re:Mazuri ferret food - Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:01 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages