Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Newbie Information
will7teen

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Newbie Information - Wednesday, December 10, 2014 5:32 AM
Good day,
I don't currently have a ferret however it has been much discussed and before I go any further I would like to ask some questions.
Firstly this is what I would love. As I own my own small company and it is a very relaxed atmosphere I would love to take my ferret into work with me nearly everyday. It is a quiet office environment generally and coming out of the run would be more than likely. I would love the ferret to join me in my van, securely or have the run of my van. Is any of that possible?

At home we have two 8month old kittens, two older labs and one Rhodesian Ridgeback larger than life puppy. It is a large barn conversion with wooden floors and lots of ferret friendly play zones.

Any information is helpful, would adopting a RSPCA ferret be good or would a kit be better?

Will
wenmister
Re:Newbie Information - Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:01 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Newbie Information - Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:07 AM
Member in blocked list
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:Newbie Information - Sunday, December 14, 2014 6:18 PM
Think its possible for the office, but the van I would not do. There's so many place in vehicles that could be dangerous or difficult to get him out of if he got in - such as the vents or inside of a seat. Plus if it's moving while you're driving that can be scary. When I brought rambo home he busted out of that cardboard box they give you and tried to go under my pedals. I had to stop and remove him, harness him and hold him tightly on my lap for the rest of the journey. It was stressful for me. 

Office I think should be good. Still, ferret proofing is a must and I would also try to get a general idea of "if he got out of this area where could he end up" just so you know in the future in the event of an escape. 

Animals are all particular. Do you have a friend with a ferret? I'd imagine the kittens are young enough to accept him, but it all depends if they are prey-driven animals or not. My cats are ok, but one does not like them. She tries to bite them (I don't think to hurt) but knows she isn't allowed to so she backs off when I glare at her. She's fine with them home alone. 

Dogs I have no experience with. 

Definitely get the book wenmister suggested.
rlowman1988

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Newbie Information - Tuesday, December 16, 2014 12:32 PM
In the office I'd say go for it as long as ur fuzzie can be entertained I work from him as a computer tech buying computers in bulk for companys fixing them and selling Nippler either sleeps on my desk or in a empty computer case. I even made her a small maze she loves it
rlowman1988

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Newbie Information - Tuesday, December 16, 2014 12:42 PM
So I totally misspelled my ferrets name its nibbler lol

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages