Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Question for those who have Adopted from shelters
Jfranks85

• Total Posts : 117
  • Reward points : 0
Question for those who have Adopted from shelters - Sunday, November 30, 2014 6:31 AM
So my bf is wanting a ferret, he owned one years ago but when she passed a couple years back he never got another one. Well, now that we're together and he sees my boys he desperately wants another one. I talked him into rescuing, instead of buying from a store, and Im seriously considering getting him one for Christmas. I was thinking of shelter, and the closest one to me is Pittsburg, Pa. Couple hours from me, but what I don't know is will they adopt out to someone so far from them? Or in another state? My state doesn't have any :(
wenmister
Re:Question for those who have Adopted from shelters - Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:55 AM
Member in blocked list
ROCKYS

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Question for those who have Adopted from shelters - Sunday, November 30, 2014 2:51 PM
I have a different opinion of adopting out at this time of year. This is the rare time of year when kids are home from school for a couple weeks, mom and dad have taken time off....the entire family is assembled for an extended period of time. That's the perfect time to welcome and get acquainted with a new pet, imho. To each his own of course, and I do give each case consideration of the merits and shortcomings. But like Wenmister suggested, go ahead and ask the shelter op! Here's the most recent listing of shelters: http://ferretshelters.org/ Affectionately, Barb Clay Dir of Shelter Affairs Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter Parkton, MD 21120 www.rockysferrets.com and on Facebook too!
Jfranks85

Re:Question for those who have Adopted from shelters - Tuesday, December 02, 2014 1:41 AM
I've actually been emailing back and forth with the shelter mom for 2 days, she's been absolutely great. I think I'm leaning toward going that route.
unclejoe
Re:Question for those who have Adopted from shelters - Tuesday, December 02, 2014 8:41 AM
Member in blocked list
Jfranks85

Re:Question for those who have Adopted from shelters - Friday, December 05, 2014 7:42 AM
I wish we had some around me, but there's absolutely none in WV.... it must be the backwoods country thing. LOL
unclejoe
Re:Question for those who have Adopted from shelters - Friday, December 05, 2014 9:00 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message