Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 hello from scotland!
XxXShadsXxX

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
hello from scotland! - Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:40 PM
Hello, I'm shads and I'm from Scotland. 
I have recently become the owner of two little ferrets, Boris and Trevor. 
I'm not entirely sure exactly how old they are, but I think they are around 6 months or under. 
The ferrets came to me in a slightly round about way. They originally belonged to my best friend who bought them from a breeder when they were old enough to leave their mother (not exactly sure how many weeks/months that is), she got them in July 2014. But due to home circumstances and a change in work hours she wasn't getting enough time to give them the attention they needed, so I took them in. I have had them since the 19th October (wow almost a month now, time goes fast :P).
They are both really sweet and have settled in really well. They have unexpected personality traits, Trevor is very active and adventurous and wants to go exploring everywhere, but he is also very sweet and gentle when you handle him and just loves to lick you (especially ears) he also has a thing for hair/scalps and likes to try and dig at them (which feels strangely nice if hes not too rough), but he can be hard to get to settle down for a nap unless he is really tired. Boris on the other hand, while he still likes to adventure as all ferrets do, is quite happy just to curl up on you knee and go for a quick nap if you hold him for a little while and there isn't anything too exciting happening else where. But he has a bit of a nipping problem! If he doesn't want to be held he will nip, and even if I am not holding him but he is on me (but could walk of if he wanted) he will walk up to my face and try and nip it, or start licking me and then nip. We are working to stop this, and he isn't quite so bad now, but still nips occasionally. If he nips me he gets scruffed, and if he continues after that he gets scruffed and dragged, and if that doesn't work he goes into time out! 
  We have also started doing some clicker training this week! Boris is picking it up quickly, but Trevor is taking a little more time to catch on :P 

I also have a cat named Bernie who we adopted from cats protection at the end of September, and four Degus, two that we have had for just about a year, and the other two we have had for about 6 months now, as well as four toads :P :P 
Can you tell I like animals :P :P 

So I just thought I would say hi, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys :) 
<message edited by XxXShadsXxX on Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:42 PM>
Mummy to two Ferrets Boris and Trevor 
Four Degus Lister, Kryten, Ace and Duane 
One Cat Bernie 
:) 
wenmister
Re:hello from scotland! - Friday, November 14, 2014 7:14 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:hello from scotland! - Friday, November 14, 2014 7:34 AM
Member in blocked list
rainbow_sitara

• Total Posts : 60
  • Reward points : 0
Re:hello from scotland! - Friday, November 14, 2014 3:45 PM
Welcome!  I had no idea what a degus was, until I looked it up, and now I want several!  SO CUTE!  Please post pics of ALL your animals :)
Hello.  My name is Tammie and I am addicted to fuzzbutts.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread