Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 fleas
captainhastings

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
fleas - Sunday, November 02, 2014 10:16 AM
Hi folks my 3 ferrets are suffering from fleas at the moment. I have applied spot on last week and  rehoused while I scrubbed the old hutch and sprayed it with johnsons hutch spray.
Put them back in with fresh straw bedding and saw dust but today I noticed a couple of fleas are back. Any good powders safe to apply to the bedding area ?
Thanks
doobie dink

• Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
Re:fleas - Sunday, November 02, 2014 2:41 PM
My vet recommends Revolution because it is not only good for fleas, but for ear mites as well. The dosage is .1 ml for the average ferret and is applied between the shoulders. DO NOT USE THE WHOLE TUBE ON ONE FERRET! My vet gave me a small syringe and a needle so that I could extract the correct dose. The needle is taken off before the Revolution is applied to the ferret. Please re-think using straw for bedding. If you are seeing dust, your ferrets are breathing it all of the time and this isn't good. Others may have recommendations for you. My ferrets have a room so I don't have to deal with a cage. I use fleece bedding, hammocks and sleep sacks. I would also be cautious about using flea powder that you scatter as the little guys will also inhale that. I am sure more knowledgeable forum members will chime in on this.
unclejoe
Re:fleas - Sunday, November 02, 2014 6:36 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages