Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ankle Scratching >.<
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points : 0
Ankle Scratching >.< - Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:25 PM
So we got our new ferret last a week ago Thursday and he gets along with the other two great. Everyone plays, sometimes someone gets a little mad and then all is forgotten.

I know that since he was returned to the store he will need some extra care and training to get him up to par with the others but one thing I'm not entirely sure about. He REALLY likes scratching ankles. He hops at your legs when you walk and wraps his arms around them. We initially thought this was a precursor to toe biting but he seems to only do that if he's really fiesty or really wanting attention.

Tried scruffing and saying no - will continue doing this except currently there is literally no hesitation after the scruffing. You put him back down and he's on your legs again in a flash. I put him in time out for about 3 minutes in the cage and he decided it was time to go to sleep so I don't think that was effective. 

Any tips on this? He is very underfoot. We're aware of it so we're careful while we're training him but currently he's unsuitable to be out if company was here due to his safety of not being stepped on, and their safety as his nails, although cut, are quite painful.  :\
<message edited by Seelen on Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:27 PM>
wenmister
Re:Ankle Scratching >.< - Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:16 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages