Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hey all, I have a question about raw food!
Jug

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Hey all, I have a question about raw food! - Monday, August 11, 2014 11:33 PM
Hi, I'm Jug, a new user to the forum and proud owner of two ferrets, Juju and Shug. I am currently feeding them on a raw diet and they are thriving well. This week, they are dining on some chicken feet, chicken liver, chicken wings and turkey wings. I know their diet is lacking variety (which I plan to change of course) but the meat place I currently go to lacks variety. I have a question about people who give their ferrets beef hearts, lamb spleen etc.

What is the benefit of giving ferret beef and lamb etc pretty much animals that are not birds or rodents? I wish to give my ferrets a variety of chicken, turkey, duck, rabbit - creatures that are smaller or rather more "realistic" for them. I was always told never give your ferret something that they could not kill themselves. I have given my ferrets beef at one point but I plan to never do again as it was much too rich for them (very smelly, very bad). So, it generally sounds like some ferrets and beef doesn't mix, so what is the benefit to be had exactly?
unclejoe
Re:Hey all, I have a question about raw food! - Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:42 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message