Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sick ferret
Vrad21

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Sick ferret - Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:28 PM
Hello I'm new to this but I need advice about my ferret.  He's 4-5 years old(not sure I can't find his papers) and out of the blue he became sick.  Last month my girl passed away and so I let him out every day twice a day.  He acts normal and eats great.  No signs of a broken heart.  Thursday night I let him out of his cage for 3 hourshe was in my room with me while I was doing homework) and at 12am I put him back in his cage.  He was perfectly fine and was hyper.  At 4 am he was throwing up and gagging.  I got him out of the cage and helped him the best I could and he seemed fine.  Around 3pm he got lethargic so I rushed him to the vet.  I'm a full time college student and I barely get paid much so I told the vet I need to stay below $200.  Vet said he looked fine. Stomach fel good, normal heart beat, normal breathing but said he would have to do X-rays and blood test to find out what was wrong but told me the test might not find anything.  When he told me the price for them I couldn't afford it.  So he suggested we give him a hydration shot and some antibiotic.  He slept most of it off and seems very alert today but isn't interested in food or water.  He did eat some wet ferret food but not that much.  Anyways I was wondering if anyone has has this happen to him or if sounds like anything.  I'm going to take him to the vet on Monday again.  But if anyone has input I'll take it please
Vrad21

Re:Sick ferret - Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:31 PM
Sorry I didn't proof read this 
wenmister
Re:Sick ferret - Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:44 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Sick ferret - Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:14 AM
Member in blocked list
Vrad21

Re:Sick ferret - Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:58 PM
It was very stinky looking, kind of like molasses thick now.  He doesn't have diarrhea anymore and you can tell his poop is firming up.  
Vrad21

Re:Sick ferret - Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:02 PM
He is doing so much better today.  He is drinking, eating baby food, and very active.  He wants to play but I don't want to over do it with him.  He is still on his antibiotics.  I'm watching him as I type and he is playing with his water bowl lol.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread