Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Back Again, With Sad News
jcam

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Back Again, With Sad News - Wednesday, July 02, 2014 9:05 PM
Hello all. I have been gone for many months, once again. I've been extra busy, which is always my reason for not coming on. But I'm finally out of high school, and now only have to worry about my works schedule, so Turbo is loving the extra mommy time!

I am sad to say that Fievel has gone to the rainbow bridge. He passed on right before Christmas. He was doing well for awhile (if anyone remembers my persistent posts on questions about what could be wrong with him and the medications the vet was giving him). In the end t he vet said that he had adrenal, which I do not believe since he was not losing any fur, and gave him some kind of implant that he didn't even explain to me, and he was great for awhile, but then stopped eating completely. He would choke up the duck soup I'd give him, he just would not eat anything. It was absolutely heart breaking, but I know he's happy and healthy where ever he is now. 

On the brighter side of things, Turbo was a bit depressed for awhile, but was a trooper. Like I said, he's happy with all the extra mommy time. We go outside once a week to run around and play in the field and see the horse and whatnot. :) 

I just had an interview with Petco today, and met a new little champagne guy that I fell in absolute love with, so I think it's time for a new addition. But, since I still live with my mother as I'm only 18, it's going to take some convincing. She was dead-set on "you're not replacing Fievel" but when I brought her to Petco later this evening to, as I told her "buy some cat food because we're running low" I got the manager over to the ferret case and held the little man that stole my heart. He was as cuddly as could be, and three times the size of Turbo and the manager said he was still growing. He will be a MONSTER! She was asking all kinds of questions, so hopefully she'll let him become part of the family!

What are your opinions on the size difference? I'd love a larger ferret. Turbo is pretty tiny and getting up there in age (I wasn't joking when I said this new guy is about three times his size). I just don't want him to be bullied.

So, that's my little update.
No health issues with Turbo, he's 6 years old now, sadly. But still acts like the energetic little two and a half year old I adopted and fell in love with at first sight. :) 

Pictuuuuures

unclejoe
Re:Back Again, With Sad News - Thursday, July 03, 2014 10:00 PM
Member in blocked list
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
Re:Back Again, With Sad News - Friday, July 04, 2014 10:21 AM
What an excellent ferret Turbo is, he is super cute!
Jujubeans2008

• Total Posts : 26
Re:Back Again, With Sad News - Friday, July 11, 2014 4:04 PM
My oldest ferret is super small. He was a runt, and let me tell you he can put my HUUGE ferret into place. He is still dominant. Size means nothing. :)
WienerCat

• Total Posts : 13
Re:Back Again, With Sad News - Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:57 AM
My Raspy had the implant and had the same symptoms after a couple months. Not eating and died in my arms. I think that implant is horrible and was a huge waste of my hard earned money. 

Your pics are so cute. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message