Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DIP Chino the walking ferret
Jujubeans2008

• Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
DIP Chino the walking ferret - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:45 AM
I was at Petland one day (before I knew what a horrible place it was) playing with the ferrets with my boyfriend Phillip, that is now my husband. I wasn't planning on buying a ferret, just playing with them. When I started to walk away- one of the ferrets that I was playing with began to follow me. I turned around and walked the other direction, and he followed once more. Each time that I would turn around, he would follow me. I called Phillip over to come see it because I thought it was so cute he was following me. I called my parents and told them the story, and they told me no- that I could not bring him home to their house. They did not believe the tale I told them. I begged my parents relentlessly for four days. I went back to Petland everyday to make sure my little guy was still there. My parents eventually told me yes so I'd shut up. Phillip and I raced off to the Petstore, and I had already called them to tell them that I was coming to purchase the baby and to not let anyone buy him, and I did. We picked up Chino, and went to PetSupermarket and bought him a CritterTrail cage. When we brought Chino home, he was no longer the sweet ferret that would sleep in my arms at Petland. He was nippy, and feisty. He bit the fire out of my mom and me. I looked at Phillip and asked him if we had bought the wrong ferret, and he shrugged his shoulders and said that it was the right one and he didn't know why he was acting that way. I set up his cage, and got everything ready. Immediately, Chino got in, climbed to the top of the cage and dangled from the top by his teeth. He also learned very quickly how to get out of that cage. Phillip and I went to the PetSupermarket again the next day to buy a Ferret Nation Cage. We were always going to get one- we were just going to wait until we got married and moved into our apartment a few months later. However, Chino wasn't willing to wait. So we bought that cage, and I crammed it into my small bedroom. Chino and I bonded quickly. He loved his new cage, and eventually my husband bought a leash and harness just for kicks to see if he'd walk on it, and to our surprise he did. He was the smartest ferret I knew. He used the sidewalk when we were walking, he walked just like a dog if not better. We took him around to all of the local petstores, we walked him around our apartment complex and he always knew which door was home even though they all looked the same. I was confident that if he ever got out of his cage and somehow made it out of the house that he would be able to find his way back home. He even knew which apartment doors we stopped at to talk to friends and without fail everytime- he would stop. Eventually a Petco was built here. That was Chino's favorite store. He walked so well there, and all of the employees and customers loved him. The employees knew him by name. Eventually, I started working two jobs- so we bought Chino a companion, Snickers whom he hated at first, but grew to love and adore. Although Chino was a runt, and Snickers was a monster ferret- Chino was always the dominant one. He was feisty, sweet, fun, intelligent, and loving. He was my best friend and the best ferret that I have ever loved. I don't think I could ever love another ferret as much as I loved him. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to have another ferret. It hurts so much to see his cage and know that he isn't in there and that he isn't coming back. I saved his favorite toy (lambchops) that he would carry around in his mouth, and we are putting up a shelf with some pictures, his ashes, and his lambchops. DIP Chino. Mommy loves you so much. She wish she could have had longer with you. Three years time was not enough. I hope you will be in Heaven watching out for me. I hope you'll be my guardian angel and that you will visit me often in my dreams. I've told your daddy- I wish you'd haunt me. I wish we could always be together, but I know one day I will see you. Until then have fun in Heaven and when it's my turn to go- please meet me at the golden gates. I love you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAS0LdfJxc
maddogdodge

• Total Posts : 22
Re:DIP Chino the walking ferret - Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:21 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( Losing a beloved pet is so hard and painful.

RIP Chino.
unclejoe
Re:DIP Chino the walking ferret - Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:02 PM
Member in blocked list
Jujubeans2008

• Total Posts : 26
Re:DIP Chino the walking ferret - Friday, July 18, 2014 10:04 PM
We actually did bring another ferret home. It's my brother's that he didn't want anymore. She never got out to play, so she's been very confused at playtime, but she's adjusting. Her and Snickers love eachother. They are about the same age too. She is a lot like Chino. She has the same mannerisms, so I think she's actually helping us heal. I will always miss my Chino though. He will always have a special place in my heart. I love you Chino. Mommy misses you! <3
unclejoe
Re:DIP Chino the walking ferret - Friday, July 18, 2014 10:11 PM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:DIP Chino the walking ferret - Monday, July 21, 2014 9:39 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages