Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Brought a new baby home, she's making a funny sound? Help?
Jujubeans2008

• Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
Brought a new baby home, she's making a funny sound? Help? - Friday, July 18, 2014 10:10 PM
Hello there. So on Tuesday of this week, I lost my beloved Chino. His mate Snickers was very depressed and disgraught and had been for the two weeks before Chino's death because we had taken Chino out of his cage and kept him with us 24/7. Yesterday, my brother gave us his ferret that he no longer wanted. She is sweet, and playful, but a little out of shape because she has never gotten to play outside of her tiny cage before. Now she's in a Ferret Nation cage with Snickers, although right now I have the latter clipped up when I'm not home so they are on separate levels. So, when I'm home- they are in the cage together, or they are roaming outside of the cage and playing. My question is that she is making a noise. I can't really explain it except it sounds like a mixture of a playful hiss, and breathing. She only does it when she's around Snickers. Earlier she was bathing him and doing it so I thought it could be a fur ball, but she is still making it now and she doesn't seem like she's choking or distraught. I called my brother and my mom and they both said that she has never made that sound before. I think it is a sound of contentment. She's vocal and she squeaks when she plays or is excited. I just thought that I would see if any of you guys have had the same experience with your ferrets to put my mind at ease. I already lost one baby unexpectedly. I don't want to lose another if it is something that should be checked out. We are a little tight on funds until I go back to work in the Fall, so we're trying to avoid the vet if possible, but will go if need-be. Thank you. :)
Jujubeans2008

Re:Brought a new baby home, she's making a funny sound? Help? - Friday, July 18, 2014 10:17 PM
I forgot to add that Snickers is deaf, so if she is talking to him- he cannot hear to respond.
raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:Brought a new baby home, she's making a funny sound? Help? - Friday, July 18, 2014 10:57 PM
If it is a hissing sound I have a few ferrets that do that when playing with me or other ferrets and when someone is trying to take a treat from them they also do it. It is pretty normal just another sound some ferrets make. She was alone before so probably had no excuse to use it before.
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:Brought a new baby home, she's making a funny sound? Help? - Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:12 AM
One of mine does this to my cats, I think shes trying to play with them
Jujubeans2008

Re:Brought a new baby home, she's making a funny sound? Help? - Saturday, July 19, 2014 6:10 PM
Good to know! :) Thanks!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message