Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Can This Cause Internal Damage?
NewFerretOwner

• Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
Can This Cause Internal Damage? - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:19 PM
All 3 of my ferret's are currently on a mix of Wysong Epigen 90 (5lb Forumula) Wellness Core Kitten and Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit, I mixed all these a few days short of learning about the ingredient change in Wysong and had 16lbs of ferret food mixed, I couldn't just throw it out, so I have been feeding them the mix, and of course they are plagued by diarrhea, a month in and no solid stools, but I don't want to just throw what's left out, maybe about 8lbs, I would say it's maybe about a month left of food, can long bouts of diarrhea hurt their intestinal tracks? If so I am going to go with ordering the reformulated Wysong and the other two, I just don't want to cause my babies any harm all because of the stupid ingredient change, I always make sure to keep them filled with water as I know diarrhea can cause dehydration.
unclejoe
Re:Can This Cause Internal Damage? - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:42 PM
Member in blocked list
NewFerretOwner

• Total Posts : 18
Re:Can This Cause Internal Damage? - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:48 PM
They sent me the 2lb bag of the original prototype of the now Digestive support, so will they still replace the 5lb? They seem to be doing fine on it outside of the diarrhea, they are still active, playful and seem themselves outside of Baylee losing fur on her tail.
whiskandbowl

• Total Posts : 179
Re:Can This Cause Internal Damage? - Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:27 PM
Sometimes adding a probiotic can help. I may have posting in the Wysong Formula change thread about recommended probiotics.

If it's really bad, I'd try to lessen the amount of Wysong as much as possible. Add in the new 2lb bag, and maybe even more of their other kibbles. Ongoing diarrhea can cause dehydration and a myriad other issues if left too long.

Ferrets: Wesley, Percy, Owen    -rip Bandit-
Bettas- Kitty, Pip, and Logan
Sun Conure- Kita
Gerbils- Piper and Tailer

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages