Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Double Level Cage
PucksMama

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
Double Level Cage - Monday, June 30, 2014 3:52 PM
Okay, so my family has kept ferrets for years. We are mostly apartment dwellers with a deep love for these fuzzbutts! I recently adopted my own ferret, a seven month old kit, Puck. I knew the essentials, and some fun obscure facts/tips from family members... Now I'm reading that I should have a double level cage for my guy. He has a big cage, with a short platform and hidey hole...
My uncle had many ferrets but two I remember in particular were his last two ferrets, Jack and Coke.. They'd been together since Coke was one and Jack was four months. After Coke's eighth birthday, Jack, during a particularly excited moment fell and broke his spine in his double level... Coke died four months later after a severe depression..
Because of this I'm wry worried about the level cages.. My kit is super clumsy as is, and I do not want to lose him so tragically. My uncle has never recovered from the loss of Jack and Coke, and never bought/adopted another fuzzy.
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:Double Level Cage - Tuesday, July 01, 2014 7:33 AM
- [This post was marked as helpful]
I am sorry to hear about Jack's accident.  Ferrets are clumsy, and therefore we tend to put lots of hammocks in tall cages to catch them if they fall.  Having multiple levels in a cage though, is good for ferrets in that it gives them exercise and keeps them interested and motivated in their home.
unclejoe
Re:Double Level Cage - Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:32 AM
Member in blocked list
PucksMama

Re:Double Level Cage - Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:44 PM
It was a heartbreaking accident, but if a higher cage will make Puck happier I'm all for it. TONS of hammocks then! He's mostly free roam during the day (except when Mommy is working), but I want him happy. So any recommendations on good cage brands or are they all generally a good cage?
PucksMama

Re:Double Level Cage - Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:45 PM
Thank you for the condolences, and I will definitely get a better cage then :)
unclejoe
Re:Double Level Cage - Wednesday, July 02, 2014 8:36 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages