Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lymphoma
rweller

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Lymphoma - Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:17 PM
Hey everyone, 

Just wondering if anyone here has had any of their fuzz balls diagnosed with lymphoma/ go through any of the treatment? 

My boy, Kalcifer, was just diagnosed this past week and we seemed to have caught it early. Just looking for some advice. He seems quite active and happy still, but I just don't know if putting him through chemo is the right option. 

Here is a link to my fundraising page for him if you want to know more: 

http://www.gofundme.com/75pck0

Thanks, 

Rebecca 
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Lymphoma - Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:23 PM
Hey, my Tex got diagnosed with lymphoma in february, we did ct scans, ultrasounds, lots of tests to make sure it was lymphoma. He is 5-6 yrs old, a good age for a ferret, we decided NOT to go through with chemo, he gets pedipred every 12 hrs, and that keeps controls the pain and keeps symptoms down t is extremely inexpensive and effective. We think Tex might have about a year, but he sure doesn't show it, he is in absolutely no pain. Chemo would have been in the thousands, not to mention follow up visits. Tex already has insulinoma AND adrenal so I really didn't want to put his little body through much more. There are a lot of ferret owners here who do not opt for chemo. I'm sure they will have more input, because I hav had only 5 ferrets and one has ever had lymphoma. Take into consideration how old your ferret is too.
<message edited by crisp20 on Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:46 PM>
unclejoe
Re:Lymphoma - Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:23 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages