Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret not eating kibble
Tiny

• Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret not eating kibble - Thursday, July 03, 2014 7:45 PM
My ferret Cocoa has insulinoma and she was put on a special kibble from the vet. Lately I've been having to give her her meds mixed with some baby food twice a day, and she eats her kibble in between. The other day I opened a brand-new bag of the same kibble, and now she won't eat it!! I don't know if it smells different to her or what, but she won't touch it now when she loved it before :s What can I do to get her to eat it again?
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:Ferret not eating kibble - Friday, July 04, 2014 9:40 AM
With insulinoma it is more important that she eats.  Do you have access to her old kibble?  Can you add some of nwe kibble to the old so that she eats, bit still gets the advantages of the Vet's food?
unclejoe
Re:Ferret not eating kibble - Friday, July 04, 2014 3:37 PM
Member in blocked list
leeandparker

• Total Posts : 70
Re:Ferret not eating kibble - Friday, July 18, 2014 1:42 PM
Even if it is the same brand of kibble it can vary slightly from batch to batch. Ferrets can pick up on these slight differences. I'm not gonna get into all the research I've done on kibble and raw. A raw diet is the best way to fight insulinoma and is the best way to prevent it as well. To help get him to eat try making a soupie out of the food with a tiny bit of low sodium chicken stock and some of the favorite baby food. Once he starts eating again please look into a raw diet. I can answer any questions you have and am happy to help

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread