Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 indignity
crisp20

• Total Posts : 216
  • Reward points : 0
indignity - Thursday, May 08, 2014 2:44 PM
So Chicha's absolutely favorite past time is finding something to mess up and hissing at everything. Its quite funny just watching her go about her day. So before I put cardboard on the baby gate, she would obviously climb it. I would get up, put her down , and she would hiss. Sometimes i would let her get to the top, and I would stand there and she would look at me, hanging there not climbing over, and hiss at me. I hissed back, she hissed once more, dropped from the baby gate (on the ferret side) and run off. Then i put the cardboard on, she would climb halfway, get confused and hiss. She hisses because she can't drag the water bowl anymore, she hisses because she can't scratch the carpet anymore, she hisses at Tex when he sleeps, she hisses at my feet because they exist, she hisses because nothing is making her mad enough to hiss. You can literally talk to her in hissing, she will hiss back 25% of the time. Im pretty sure she hissed once while she was using the litter box... Do ferrets normally hiss that much? All my kids have only hissed when they where mad. Maybe she has a chip on her shoulder. She's not violent in any way, maybe a bit nippy with my roomate, but nothing to make us think she's under a lot of stress. Maybe nature was never meant to compress so much energy into such a small small animal.
<message edited by crisp20 on Thursday, May 08, 2014 2:45 PM>
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
  • Reward points : 0
Re:indignity - Friday, May 09, 2014 7:38 AM
One of mine never quite learned how to "dook" and would instead do a "hee hee hee" type of sound.  Perhaps the hiss is her way of dooking.
unclejoe
Re:indignity - Friday, May 09, 2014 7:53 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages