Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I have a question
Psychotic.EGG

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
I have a question - Monday, April 21, 2014 1:57 PM
I have a question I can't find through Google. So here's the situation. I have a  ferret named G.I.R  who's almost three ( this summer). I  introduced a kitty named Ninja to the mix back in October,  it was a rocky few days of mild fights then breaking off and both would run away.  after 4  days they just became friends. Two days ago my girl brought home a lovely albino girl we've named GladOS.  Ninja took an instant liking to her and she to him. I but G.I.R is flat out avoiding her. If I hold them both he goes still.  just wondering if this is normal behavior. 
unclejoe
Re:I have a question - Monday, April 21, 2014 2:21 PM
Member in blocked list
Psychotic.EGG

• Total Posts : 2
Re:I have a question - Monday, April 21, 2014 3:31 PM
 ferret nation cage with two floors.  currently segregated off. I give G.I.R as much attention as I can :) was unaware of jealousy amongst ferrets.  I'm thinking of  opening the segregation on Thursday,  my day off,  and see how they are. I  was more worried about the avoidance.  but if that's known to happen I'm less worried. :)
Jfranks85

• Total Posts : 117
Re:I have a question - Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:18 AM
if the new ferret is younger, and especially since it's new, then avoidance is actually normal. Maybe not in all ferrets but a good bit (at least in my expierence) I'd say give it time, introduce slowly, let them play and if there is fighting let them fight it out. As long as there's no poop, pee, or blood. This is a show for dominance and they probably will become best friends as an outcome. Good Luck

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread