Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hi from Aus
Chooky

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Hi from Aus - Sunday, April 13, 2014 9:57 PM
Hi my name is Alicia

I've come to love ferrets as I volunteer at the RSPCA and play with the cute lil bugs. I own 4 male rats.

The downside of having rats is their short lifespans... It's hard to fall in love with an animal and then have to let go off them after a year or two. It's depressing to have great husbandry and still get chronically ill pets. I'm researching ferrets as they seem to live a lot longer and are more robust (correct me if I'm wrong) than rats. I don't think il be able to get another rat after my current lot, as they are entirely different than the hundreds I have come across... My boy Rocky has the most amazing temperament like you wouldn't believe, he's a ragdoll cat! 

So basically I'm here to learn more about ferrets, their husbandry and holistic diets. I have a ferret kingdom cage (similar to ferret nation or critter nation ect but the Australian version) for the rats, and it is huge double story thing. What bedding do ferrets use? Can you keep them by themselves? Do they litter train well? Do they have an odour?

Thanks, Alicia :)
wenmister
Re:Hi from Aus - Monday, April 14, 2014 7:19 AM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Hi from Aus - Monday, April 14, 2014 11:25 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Hi from Aus - Monday, April 14, 2014 11:17 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users