Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Litter Training Trouble
SneakyPim

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Litter Training Trouble - Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:02 AM
Hello! Excited to be making my first post here. Sorry, it’s a long one. I purchased a baby ferret in January. He is around 3 months old now, and is the SWEETEST little guy. His name is Pim. Anyways, for the entirety of the time that I have had him, I have been attempting to litter train him. He has a very large cage, so following advice from other posts I have read, I closed off the top section of his cage. In the bottom section, I have his litter box in one corner, his food bowl in another, water bowl in the other corner, and a big Kong toy tied in the last corner just to prevent him from going there. He has a few toys and a bed and hammock in the middle. From what I read, they will not pee or poop in the corners where they eat or drink, and they do not like to have their toys in the litter box either. WELL. Pim is apparently different. He will actually take bits of his food from his bowl and into his dirty little box to eat it. Then, later, whether there is still food in the bowl or not, he will poop and pee into it. He also has pooped into his water bowl. I make sure to thoroughly clean any areas he’s had accidents each time but he just goes back to them. I have tried moving all accidents to the litter box but that doesn’t stop him either. I am careful to keep the litter clean so that isn’t a problem. I’m at a loss here. Any advice???

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread