Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 life expectancy
Boehme

• Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
life expectancy - Wednesday, November 18, 2015 1:40 PM
How long do ferrets live on average?  Many of you have had multiple ferrets, these are our first.
Thanks, 
Amy
unclejoe
Re:life expectancy - Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:16 PM
Member in blocked list
raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:life expectancy - Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:32 PM
I have had one live to 10 I had him from the time he was 7 wks old he never was adrenal nor did he get insulinoma he just fell asleep and didn't wake up one night. Bandit was his name. Many of mine make it to 8 yrs and a few 9 yrs but like Chris says most are around 7 or 8 yrs old when they die. I have had a total of 45 ferrets and I wish they would live longer but settle with just making sure they have a good life while they are in mine. Right now I only have 13 ferrets and they are all around 6 years old not going to get anymore till I get down to about 2 or 3 I am getting older and don't want a lot of pets for people to rehome when I go. I am not looking forward to the next few years because I will lose most of the ones I have now.
Boehme

• Total Posts : 9
Re:life expectancy - Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:34 PM
That is good to know. We are doing the best for them. Big pen exercise and healthy food. I just want tho make sure the boys know what is expected with them. We love them other than the not going in the box that i can do with out. Thanks for helping us know what to expect with ferrets.
unclejoe
Re:life expectancy - Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:42 PM
Member in blocked list
Texasy

• Total Posts : 40
Re:life expectancy - Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:48 PM
hey are lonely and bored and potentially anxious while alone for a workday (consider your total time gone.) Have someone come in midday and walk, play with your dog and let them out. ) dogs need to get outside, expend energy, be social, sniff… If you are worried about the cost, you can buy packages from companies (they screen, background check, etc and you can be notified of when, how long, how fast the outing is) plus it’s good for your home, they won’t be as likely to chew things or cause damage. It’s a really fair investment and often folks not with a large company charge even less https://www.animalpicturesociety.com/spider-monkey-c322. Worth it for their natural needs, demeanor. You *will* see a difference in your dog, I promise. The more exercise, the more they relax and nap… Also very important because while they may be trained to “hold it” it’s painful and extremely uncomfortable. (I tell people they can only use the bathroom 2x a day. They do it because we ask, not because they have magical bladders and bowels!!A young person in the neighborhood could walk the dog or play with a cat. (More than 1 cat I wouldn’t worry about a visitor). A young person could come play with your cat, groom them

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread