Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Very aggressive ferret
Sid_Fleur

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Very aggressive ferret - Saturday, August 18, 2018 3:01 AM
Hi ! 

About 3 months ago; I bought 2 ferrets from a shelter. 1 year old male and 1 month old female.

At first, both of them were biting me and my girlfriend a lot and really hard. But with time, the male became docile. The female is the real problem ( maybe its our approach ). She became less agressive but these days her bites are as hard as ever. 

Here are some points :
1. The female looks scared of everything. She is often hiding and when she comes towards us she bites and chews non stop unless we stop her.
2. I've seen on youtube that you can scold them by saying NO! And holding the back of their necks like puppies. While doing this we support their body with the other hand so we don't hurt them. I do this everytime and on each 3rd ; I put her in an empty small cage for no more than 5 mins. The thing is whenever I scold her; she just gets mad and attacks me as soon as I put her down.
3. The male ( his name is Sid) is huge and plays a lot! He plays with the female ( Fleur ) too but sometimes she makes high pitched noises when he bites. I try to seperate them when that happens. Note that he is deaf and when she makes noises he cannot hear her.
4. Whenever she approches without bitting, i reward her with a treat. I play with her everytime I come back from work. 

Its my first time having ferrets and I would like some help. Maybe Im doing something wrong with her.

Thank you

bandit99
Re:Very aggressive ferret - Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:35 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages