Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret with weak legs, diahrrea
Catsnakes

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret with weak legs, diahrrea - Sunday, February 04, 2018 1:05 PM
I'm not sure if this is the topic forum this goes into, but my ferret Cream is concerning me lately. He's a cinnamon sable ferret and pretty big, but not obese. Cream is a big dope and deaf. We also think he's got ferret down-syndrome. I love him very much, but recently last year he began to get diahrrea when stressed, and we just assumed that's how he is, as well as the vet. I still think that's true, but I think it might be apart of another issue.

Last night I noticed he was being clumsier than usual. He's never really used his back legs as often as Bean, because he's a lazy ferret. But last night I saw him running sideways, not putting any weight on his right hind leg. I watched him and he was definitely limping. Still is this afternoon, he won't put much weight on it and is laying down a lot more. We're calling the vet and we'll try to get him in tomorrow.

Unfortunately I have a hunch on what's wrong. I think he might have early insulomia :( I haven't noticed any eating problems, he's drinking water but I haven't seen him eat any of the delicious off-limits cat food.

Edit: He curls up his foot on the injured leg. I think it might be broken? I don't know.
<message edited by Catsnakes on Sunday, February 04, 2018 1:16 PM>
bandit99
Re:Ferret with weak legs, diahrrea - Monday, February 05, 2018 5:34 AM
Member in blocked list
Catsnakes

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Ferret with weak legs, diahrrea - Friday, February 09, 2018 6:46 PM
You're right, his foot started to get better within a few days so we cancelled the appointment. If I see any other issues we cancall. Thanks!
bandit99

Definitely take him to the vet and get checked for injuries. Have them do a simple BG check for insulinoma. If he has insulinoma, prednisolone is the treatment and good protein soupy. To me it sounds more like he injured himself somehow.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread