Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Need Tips for an Old Boy!
Arohk

• Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points : 0
Need Tips for an Old Boy! - Friday, September 08, 2017 11:10 PM

Hello! It's been a while since the last post and I am happy to report that my Loki is still at perfect physical health at the moment. Save for two things- so I would like some fun or good tips to help a mom out! <p> <br> <p> 

My sweet ferret is going to turn 7 very soon. In this last year or so, his vision started to go in his right eye. They said it was natural and perhaps from an old wound of bumping into something in his childhood. I think that by the end, he will have completely lost sight in the eye from cataracts. His other eye remains crystal clear and no signs of problems. <p> <br> <p>

Also with his age, his hearing has started to go, I've noticed. He can still hear, just not as well as he used to. :) Has trouble locating exactly where the sound is coming from, but he still stops and is alert. I am told this is normal too. <p> <br> <p> 

So my question is if anyone has some good activities and maybe some toys for an elderly ferret that I can either make or buy. What has worked for you and your oldie? He is still as playful as ever and loves when I am with him, doing his usual flip out dance and being generally silly. With his failing sight in one eye and hearing loss, what can you guys recommend? If anything can be done different to accommodate and whatnot. Thanks guys! Love you all as always. <3
bandit99
Re:Need Tips for an Old Boy! - Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:53 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Need Tips for an Old Boy! - Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:45 AM
Member in blocked list
Arohk

• Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Need Tips for an Old Boy! - Monday, October 02, 2017 10:44 PM
Sorry it took me a little while to respond! Had some real life stuff to deal with. :) Loki has been doing well and can still play. He is a whirlwind tonight. He definitely can only see out of one eye now. I will miss the days when he was younger, haha. Thank you for reassuring me about the loss of senses, Unclejoe. It is good to know that my ferret will be able to get around just by his sense of smell!
unclejoe
Re:Need Tips for an Old Boy! - Tuesday, October 03, 2017 8:39 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages