Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret introduction
sraaah

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret introduction - Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:36 PM
Okay so I have an almost 4yo female ferret that I raised since she was a few months old. I was not able to have another ferret at the time so I gave her attention and love  and new toys all the time so she wouldn't get lonely. About a month ago I got a 3mo boy so she can have a friend. I've done short introductions in a neutral area and I'm aware that you're supposed to let them hash it out as long as it doesn't get too rough, but I'm worried that Esme(4yo) is too used to having just her, my boyfriend, and I in her business to let Pepper(3mo) in as well as she is not used to other ferrets. I have their cages side by side so they can get used to each others scent and be face to face with bars in between so Esme doesn't get too overwhelmed. I really just want my fuzzbutts to bond but I don't want to over stress Esme. She seems to have some interest in him but then sort of shuts down and occasionally hisses(which shes a little temperamental  and  hisses even when she's not very irritated) and of course Pepper is just overjoyed to have a friend as long as she accepts him. Any suggestions or tips are greatly welcomed as all I want is for them to be bonded and together finally. Thank you so much💖
bandit99
Re:Ferret introduction - Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:39 PM
Member in blocked list
sraaah

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Ferret introduction - Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:08 PM
Okay cool! After making this post I also realized that the baby, Pepper, is deaf as he is a blaze and has a neutral crest defect  so  I'm hoping that won't make things take too much longer since he won't be able to hear any hisses or anything from Esme. 
unclejoe
Re:Ferret introduction - Thursday, June 01, 2017 9:44 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages