Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ILL FERRET! PLEASE HELP
sloane1997

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
ILL FERRET! PLEASE HELP - Sunday, January 22, 2017 9:45 PM
Hello, so my male ferret who isn't even a year old yet has became ill of some reason. Yesterday I noticed he had diarrhea & now today when I went to go let him out of the cage he was laying in the litter  (which I know is normal for ferrets but he doesn't do that anymore since he's older) & he was covered in his own pee & poop. I picked him up & we was limp, his head went back & he was just sluggish, when I was bathing him he still had no motivation to move or get away like he usually does during bath time..I can see in his face that there is something wrong with him, he is always energetic & happy but now he's sad. Another thing is he can't move his back legs, only his front..so he isn't able to walk around he just attempts to drag himself..I am taking him to the vet tomorrow. Does anyone have ANY idea what can be going on, he has four brother who are perfectly fine & I'm sure he hasn't gotten into anything he shouldn't of. 

*SYMPTOMS*
Diarrhea 
Unable to use back legs 
Belly is a little bloated 
NO appetite 
Drinking very little 
Basically miserable 
KrazeyLady

• Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 1
Re:ILL FERRET! PLEASE HELP - Monday, January 23, 2017 11:48 AM
Has he had a fall to damage his back legs? It was many years ago but one of my ferrets had similar symptoms. He'd fallen off the top of the cage and damaged his hips. Hopefully this hasn't happened to your lad. Hope he's better soon.
sloane1997

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:ILL FERRET! PLEASE HELP - Monday, January 23, 2017 10:35 PM
Unfortunately my poor man passed a little later after this post while we were on our way to the emergency room..he just couldn't make it thru the night. :( rest in peace Fatty forever in my heart. 
bandit99
Re:ILL FERRET! PLEASE HELP - Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:16 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages