Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone else have fuzzies with weird taste in human food?
Max_and_Tilly

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Anyone else have fuzzies with weird taste in human food? - Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:17 PM
I never let them actually eat it, but both of my ferrets have tried to eat multiple human foods that they really shouldn't eat.

Tilly:
-Nutella (She got one sniff and DOVE into the jar. I had to wipe her face off.)
-Cereal (esp. Fruit Loops. I had to wrestle one out of her mouth. That's the only time she's tried to bite me. Then my mom actually let her eat one >:( )
-Hershey's chocolate (specifically Hershey's, she doesn't like Nestle.)

Max:
-Soy milk
-Chocolate milk
-carrots and carrot juice
-banana flavoured marshmallows (I give him banana flavoured ferret treats so this one wasn't too surprising)

Now if only I could get my fuzzbutts that excited about eggs. :(
I've only tried scrambled, is it ok to give them raw egg?
wenmister
Re:Anyone else have fuzzies with weird taste in human food? - Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:20 AM
Member in blocked list
Max_and_Tilly

• Total Posts : 7
Re:Anyone else have fuzzies with weird taste in human food? - Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:53 AM
Yes, I'm well aware that sugar is very bad for ferrets. That's why I never let them eat it. I do like to let them smell things and that's how I discovered these weird food preferences.

I've tried to feed them poached chicken but they just ignore it. I've even left it in their bowl overnight to no avail. My ferrets absolutely LOVE n-bones but the prices went up by quite a lot recently so I haven't gotten any for a while. Though I've heard of duck soup, I've never made it before. Is there a specific recipe that ferrets really seem to like?

Is it ok to feed my ferrets raw egg? I know egg is good for them but I can't get them to eat scrambled eggs. I was hoping raw might be more enticing. 
unclejoe
Re:Anyone else have fuzzies with weird taste in human food? - Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:51 AM
Member in blocked list
kingaljr

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Anyone else have fuzzies with weird taste in human food? - Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:42 PM
Gummi bears. Siggy got into a bag of mine once and chewed one up and spent the next 15 minuets bouncing off walls. Now I have to keep them locked up because he has gotten really good at getting into food packaging. It's also impossible to try and eat Doritos.
unclejoe
Re:Anyone else have fuzzies with weird taste in human food? - Monday, July 04, 2016 9:21 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message