Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Is a ferret's bite really strong enough to break "all of the bones in your hand"?
Scarlett Deschanel

• Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
Is a ferret's bite really strong enough to break "all of the bones in your hand"? - Sunday, January 10, 2016 8:38 AM
While I was surfing the Internet,  I happened  across several websites claiming that ferret's possessed the bite pressure to crush all of the bones in a human hand.  I know that wild polecats' jaws are built for breaking the bones of rabbits, birds, rodents, and small animals, but I doubt that even a polecats could do what these websites claim our little domestic ferret can. Even if a polecats could, I think that ability might have been bred out of domestic ferrets. Anyhow, although I hate to think that it is possible, can a ferret really bite hard enough to break all of the bones in your hand? Just How hard can a ferret's bite be?
Thanks

wenmister
Re:Is a ferret's bite really strong enough to break "all of the bones in your hand"? - Sunday, January 10, 2016 1:52 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Is a ferret's bite really strong enough to break "all of the bones in your hand"? - Sunday, January 10, 2016 3:02 PM
Member in blocked list
Scarlett Deschanel

• Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Is a ferret's bite really strong enough to break "all of the bones in your hand"? - Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:08 PM
So what I'm getting is if a ferret were the size of a large or medium dog (a really weird thought), it would have the potential to do some pretty serious damage, but is not that dangerous at the size that it is. Phew!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread