Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is the best ferret diet?
Scarlett Deschanel

• Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
What is the best ferret diet? - Thursday, December 03, 2015 4:11 PM
Hello everyone. I have been doing lots of research on ferrets, but I am having trouble finding a high quality kibble. I know that Evo was good, but it's discontinued now, and I have heard that Wysong epigen 90 should only be fed as a supplement. What ferret kibble do you use for your ferrets and recommend? Have a great day.
wenmister
Re:What is the best ferret diet? - Thursday, December 03, 2015 4:14 PM
Member in blocked list
Meechysmum92

• Total Posts : 107
Re:What is the best ferret diet? - Friday, December 04, 2015 6:51 PM
Hey Scarlett!

I feed a mix of http://www.orijen.ca/products/cat-food/dry-cat-food/cat-kitten/ (Orjjen cat and kitten) and http://www.petcurean.com/product/go-fit-free-grain-free-chicken-turkey-duck-recipe/ (Go! Fit and free, turkey, chicken, duck formula) My kids love it, and I feel GOOD about feeding it to them! :)
Scarlett Deschanel

• Total Posts : 15
Re:What is the best ferret diet? - Saturday, December 05, 2015 8:09 PM
Thank you guys. I'm glad I started this tread because I wasn't aware that ferrets could be fed such high-protein foods. I'd heard that super high protein can cause kidney stones in older ferrets.
KJN927

• Total Posts : 1
Re:What is the best ferret diet? - Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:00 PM
You are correct Scarlett too much protein is not good but they still need a decent amount. I mix my Wysong Epigen 90 with the purple bag of Blue Buffalo Wilderness for cats. I have talked with countless vets in Florida (where we live) and they have all pretty much said the same thing, that that combination offers the best variety of natural ingredients, while leaving out all the fillers and bi products and fruits and vegetables that are not good for them. If you feed them just Epigen 90 its a little too potent in nutrients for them to absorb so they will either poop out the extra which essentially you are wasting money and/or it will upset their stomachs too much too often which can lead to other issues. Wyson does have a digestive friendly version of the Epigen if you find it still too much for your little ones. 

Best of luck!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message