Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Loss is tough
Tazmanian

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Loss is tough - Thursday, January 07, 2016 10:43 PM
My wife and I are ferret lovers. We had three that lived for six years. We then took on another two. After four years, we have just lost the little girlie, Taz. He brother, Dori, has always been a bit autistic. She took the lead on most things. He has been lost for the last two weeks without her. He keeps looking for her in sleeping cubbyholes. It is heartbreaking. He sleeps 22 hours now, many of them on my chest. Poor boy, eh.
unclejoe
Re:Loss is tough - Friday, January 08, 2016 9:41 AM
Member in blocked list
GitaBooks

• Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Loss is tough - Friday, January 08, 2016 11:46 AM
I'm sorry. That is always really hard. We've had that happen with our dogs as well. We got two brothers and a year later got two more brothers that the first pair raised like their sons. When we lost one of the first two, Arby, all the dogs felt it, particularly his adopted son, Cedar. Cedar had literal panic attacks afterwards to the point where we thought he was having seizures (he would tremble so hard and curl up in a ball) and took him to the vet. It took him months to get over his anxiety, but he has gotten much better now. Animal bonds truly are something very special.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread