Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rescued a couple of ferrets, need advise on the situation.
Reneshamarie

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Rescued a couple of ferrets, need advise on the situation. - Monday, October 19, 2015 1:36 AM
So, today I brought in two males ferrets ( about 5 years old ) and I need some tips on what others have found to be the best to nurse back to health... 

A little back story: 
I got them from someone who took them out of the situation they were in ( her kids are allergic and can not keep ) 
for at least 6 months they were fed nothing but bird seed and ferret treats... 
one seems to be doing good... fatter than the other and eating. the other one is super skinny and walking funny ( thought to be due to weight and vet says to try and get him to eat and put on some weight and go from there) 

unsure of when the last time was that they ate any animal proteins, other than dry food and duk soup. 

I am seeking ways to get them to gain weight, eat right, and generally be happy and healthy for the rest of their lives. 

They are playful, excited, and so sweeet!!! 

also, when is the best time and what kinds of proteins should start being introduced? I do not want to rush it and make them sick. 

I don't even understand how someone could do something like this to an animal :(

TIA! 
<message edited by Reneshamarie on Monday, October 19, 2015 12:33 PM>
bandit99
Re:Rescued a couple of ferrets, need advise on the situation. - Monday, October 19, 2015 8:01 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Rescued a couple of ferrets, need advise on the situation. - Monday, October 19, 2015 8:16 AM
Member in blocked list
Reneshamarie

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Rescued a couple of ferrets, need advise on the situation. - Monday, October 19, 2015 12:32 PM
Thanks guys! making notes :) 

ALSO! I meant about 5 years OLD not ago! I bet that made this post sound bad :p ( yesterday was a LONG day!) 
bandit99
Re:Rescued a couple of ferrets, need advise on the situation. - Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:51 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message