Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Don't own one BUT.....
TammyS

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Don't own one BUT..... - Sunday, October 18, 2015 10:46 PM
I live in a small town home community.The last few days I have heard scratching at and around my front door.Well...tonight I looked out there around my jack o lanterns  and I saw an albino ferret.The little thing was trying to get into my home>It actually tried to chew the door.I tried to see if it would eat a cracker or a grape ,but it did not.It just wanted inside.A few moments after the door was closed it  looked to be attacking the water sprinkler. What should I do, we all know animal control would put a trap out but then what? It did not growl,hiss or show teeth or any aggressive behaviors.Any suggestions?? With trick or treat coming up soon I'd hate to think of what could happen.
MushusMomma

• Total Posts : 65
Re:Don't own one BUT..... - Monday, October 19, 2015 12:01 AM
He wouldn't eat a cracker or a grape because ferrets are carnivores. Also he was "attacking" the sprinkler because he was likely thirsty, he was looking for somewhere safe and warm to get out of the cold, perhaps if you can catch him take him to your local shelter and they'll know how to care for him from there, he could potentially be microchipped, someone could be missing him very much, you could also consider temporarily opening your home to this in distress creature well putting fliers up to see if you can find his owner or a home for him. 
unclejoe
Re:Don't own one BUT..... - Monday, October 19, 2015 8:05 AM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Don't own one BUT..... - Monday, October 19, 2015 8:14 AM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Don't own one BUT..... - Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:52 AM
Member in blocked list
TammyS

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Don't own one BUT..... - Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:21 PM
I haven't seen it since that night. I hope it found its way home. I am a vegetarian and have no meat products in my home to coax it with.I also have kids and wouldn't trust bringing it inside.I am hoping that someone found their pet.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread