Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret whimpering while pooping?
Devonadair

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Sunday, August 09, 2015 3:58 PM
I rescued a young ferret (about 2 months old) from an obscure pet store who had no business of keeping them. The conditions were terrible, one medium water bottle per 20 ferrets and they were all panting because it was upwards of 90 degrees. They were feeding them the Marshall mush which was probably over a day old by the looks of it, so I couldn't leave him in there. I took him home and he's a very active little guy the only problem is he whimpers quite a bit. And squeaks when he's lonely. (I have two other adult ferrets who have taken him in as a child it seems) I switched him to purina one heathy kitten formula which was recommended to me by my local ferret sanctuary, both of my ferrets eat with with no problem and have heathy bms, my new one on the other hand has very soft bms and occasionally whimpers when he goes. I want to assume it's his body adjusting to the high fat/protein diet change instead of the carb loaded food he was on. He's very active and playful all other times and sleeps just fine it's only when he relieves himself, anyone have any advice? 
bandit99
Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Sunday, August 09, 2015 4:47 PM
Member in blocked list
Devonadair

Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Sunday, August 09, 2015 5:52 PM
I am not still softening his food actually he's about the same age that I took my ferrets off softened foods but I didn't think of that, that could be it I wonder if his body is having problems softening it in his tummy. My normal vet is open tomorrow so if he still is having problems in going to take him, he's no longer whimpering while going potty but it's still soft and frequent. 
unclejoe
Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Sunday, August 09, 2015 6:17 PM
Member in blocked list
Devonadair

Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Sunday, August 09, 2015 6:34 PM
Actually I'm in Texas, I was visiting my sister in Houston and she took me to the pet store where she gets her sugar glider food and when I saw them in there like that I knew. Something was wrong they were very persistent on telling me they had a 1 year warranty by marshals  and when I questioned the condition of the ferrets they were rude and abrasive on telling me they "know what they're doing" I called a ferret sanctuary that I know of in Houston and let them know and said he was going to send someone out to investigate and he will let me know asap. It was an exotic pet store that sold anything from ferrets to reptiles, Prarie dogs and so on 
bandit99
Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Sunday, August 09, 2015 9:15 PM
Member in blocked list
Devonadair

Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Sunday, August 09, 2015 9:40 PM
The San Antonio ferret enthusiast 
Devonadair

Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Monday, August 10, 2015 12:11 AM
*update* he is doing a lot better now , I softened his food and he hasn't whimpered since when he relieves himself and his bus are going more solid but are still very soft
unclejoe
Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Monday, August 10, 2015 7:19 AM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Ferret whimpering while pooping? - Monday, August 10, 2015 11:53 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages