Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Current ferret vicious towards new ferret
dan0uch

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Current ferret vicious towards new ferret - Thursday, July 09, 2015 3:18 PM
I've owned three ferrets for a while now...Trouble, Ruby, and Sven. Trouble and Ruby were adopted first, then Sven a year later. I recently adopted a 4th ferret, a male around ~1 1/2 years old. He has been an only ferret his whole life so he wasn't really sure how to react around my three. He has adjusted really well with Ruby and Trouble, they play and sleep together now with no issues. Sven, however, HATES the new guy. He viciously attacks him, violently shakes him, and has ripped out hair and broke skin. The new guy screams and has pooped on the floor in fear. He makes no effort to defend himself, and I don't think he even knows how. Even just holding the two ferrets, one in each hand, Sven has tried lunging to bite the new guy. I've tried switching bedding around. I've tried giving both of them a bath so they smell the same. I've tried bitter apple on the new ferret's neck. Also tried ferretone. Nothing seems to help. The second Sven realizes the new ferret is out, he goes into hunt mode and will not leave him alone. Is there any hope for these guys ever getting along?
bandit99
Re:Current ferret vicious towards new ferret - Saturday, July 11, 2015 9:56 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages