Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;(
CANELOLIER

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Sunday, July 12, 2015 11:29 PM
SO I HAVE A SABLE FERRET HE EATE SOME SPONGE BUT I DID NOT KNOW INTILL I TOOK HIM TO THE VET HE GAVE HIM SOME FLUIDS HE RECOVER SOME BUT STILL HE WHEM DOWN HILL AFTER 3 DAY TOOK HIM BACK AND DO SOME X RAYS AND MORE FLUID AND TALK ABOUT SURGERY I GAVE SOME TOUGH SENSE IT WAS EXPENSIVE THEM I TOOK HIM FOR SURGERY BUT STILL AFTER SURGERY HES NOT EATING THEM TOOK HIM BACK TO SEE THE VET HE TOLD ME THE HE WAS DOING OK ON HE INCESION BUT HE THEM KNOW WHY HE WAS NOT EATING THEM HE GAVE ME SOME DOG FOOD AND CAT FOOD HAD A HIG CALORIE FOOD SO I SYRINCEH IT AND GIVE TO HIM HE GAIN SOME WEIGHT BUT I RAN OUT OF THE HIGH CALORIE FOOD TOOK HIM BACK TO THE VET HE GAVE HIM SOME FLUIDS AND SOME MORE OFF THE DOG FOOD BUT DIFERENT CAIN HE LIKE IT FOR 1 DAY BUT IT MADE HIM DIARREA AND HE STOP EATING IT SO I CHANGE AND STARTED GIVING HIM BABY FOOD AND SOME OF HE OWN FOOD IN A SYRINCEH AND SOME PEDYLETE SOME VITAMINS THE A NOTHER VET GAVE ME BUT HES STILL NOT FEELING GOOD THE DIARREA STOP BUT HES STILL FILING WEAK AND STILL NOT EATING Ì DONT CARE ABOUT THE COST I JUST WANT TO SAVE HIM IF SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO CURE HIM PLEAS HELP ME DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I BEEN THINKING OFF PUTTING HIM DOWN TO SLEEP :(

[code][/code]
<message edited by CANELOLIER on Sunday, July 12, 2015 11:41 PM>
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 155
Re:FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Monday, July 13, 2015 6:40 AM
How stressful!

When was the surgery?  Sometimes it can take a few days to start feeling better again.

Can you always have baby food and soft food available for him in the cage?
bandit99
Re:FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Monday, July 13, 2015 6:51 AM
Member in blocked list
CANELOLIER

Re:FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Monday, July 13, 2015 4:05 PM
it has bend about 2 weeks about the surgery and i am trying to keep up wit hes 3 to 4 hr of feeding but hes not geeting any better but he only eat treats by himself inted off water i am given him pedylete and baby food and hes still having diarrea the vet also gave me the a/d food but it made the diarrea wrost and yes they find 2 pieces off sponge but they got them all out sence they did a exploratory surgery i am just really deppres seen him like that my mom keeps up with the food whem i am at work just hope he gets better because i alredy spend about 1600 and still not feeling good i feel like eve beend ripoff i call in today to see what there going to do because if there where going to give him fluids i rather take it to my local vet sence is more cheep because only for and exam the exotic vet is charging mee 72 dollars plus fluids that ill make it 150 ande hes not doing enough effort on seen whats wrong with him i am really disapointed sence they are the experts and charging to way to much but is like i said i do care about the cost i whanna save hes life belive me i bend crying for 2 month just see him like that ;( the fisrt to pictures where from whem he was healhty the last one is how he is now :c
<message edited by CANELOLIER on Monday, July 13, 2015 4:44 PM>
Attached Image(s)
bandit99
Re:FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Monday, July 13, 2015 5:21 PM
Member in blocked list
CANELOLIER

Re:FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Monday, July 13, 2015 6:38 PM
hes going to be 3 years old in september.... my exotic vet call me and told me he didnt not know what to do that the only thing to do was doing fluids at home and he should get better and he told me to go over ther so they could show me how to do them my self but i end up taking my body with my local vet and they show me how to do it and the good thing was they didnt charge me anything plus it look it really gave canelo (ferret) a boost he was  acticve for 1hr and 30mn and i made cain off the soup you told me bandit99 it work he ate 3 Syrenge and a little on hes own and Syrenge some water also gave him (furo vite) the vet told me he needs sugar on hes system i really hope he get ok :)
unclejoe
Re:FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Monday, July 13, 2015 7:30 PM
Member in blocked list
CANELOLIER

Re:FERRET SICK NOT EATING PLEAS HELP ;( - Monday, July 13, 2015 8:05 PM
the vet told me the surgery was looking great and it was on hes belly he has around 12 stiches but maybe he is just too dehydrated sence he used to weight in around 4 pounds he was really strong but now he weights 1.1 pound hope he really make it out off this one really miss him ;(
<message edited by CANELOLIER on Monday, July 13, 2015 10:01 PM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message