Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret Hair Loss on Tail
alcasm91

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret Hair Loss on Tail - Monday, June 15, 2015 3:49 PM
Hi there, I wanted some opinions on my ferret as to whether I should be worried or not. Several weeks ago I noticed my 2 yr old ferret Potter was loosing the hair on his tail, just towards the end of his tail and maybe about midway up. This started right around spring so after some research I decided maybe it was just his spring shedding. However now we're well into summer and the hair has not regrown and he's also developed some blackheads on his tail. He seems to be his usual energetic self and is eating and having normal bowel movements. I'm just wondering if this shedding is normal or if I should be worried about adrenal gland disease? He had always been a small ferret and has a rough coat (unlike my other ferret Petrie who is quite chunky and very soft and fluffy). I did change their food to Marshalls Senior Formula a while back to try and help Peatrie loose some weight but I was giving Potter ferretone in addition because he's so small. Could it have been the change in food? I'm thinking of switching them back to their regular food now that Peatrie has lost a few pounds but could that have been the cause? Or if it is just spring shedding, when will his hair grow back? Or worst case, how do I know if it's most likely adrenal and at what point should I take him to the vet?

Thanks for reading all of that, I'm just very concerned about my baby and really need some other ferret lovers opinions. 
bandit99
Re:Ferret Hair Loss on Tail - Monday, June 15, 2015 4:25 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Ferret Hair Loss on Tail - Monday, June 15, 2015 5:20 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages