Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Moving with ferrets?
JessLough

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
Moving with ferrets? - Saturday, June 27, 2015 11:33 AM
Hey guys!

I moved a few weeks ago to another part of the province from where I was, about 5 1/2 hours away.  The time has finally come, and next weekend my ferrets will be making the trek up here.

My ferrets are used to somebody always being home (since there was 5 of us living in the house), and essentially having free roam of the (2 story, 3bdrm) house all day.  Other than when they were surrendered to the rescue/me, none of them have ever moved.  

The place I moved is a 1 bdrm apartment.  It's myself and my boyfriend here, both of us work full time jobs.  Luckily, my boyfriend has all of July off work, so he'll be home a lot of the time with them. Unfortunately, they just aren't going to be able to have free roam here all the time like they did at the other house, and will have to get used to that.

Any tips for making the transition easier for them?  I plan to ensure they are kept on the same food through the transition, and will probably bring up some water from my old city for a couple days, at least.  Just to keep changes down.  I'm mostly worried about Nacho, who is nearing 9 years old and has definitely chosen my mom as his person.

Thanks, guys!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message